We have two very important MTA events that all WEA members are encouraged to attend:
1. Movie Night at the Marshfield High School Auditorium on Tuesday, November 21st at 7:00 p.m. The MTA will be showing the movie "Backpack Full of Cash" featuring Matt Damon. All MTA members on the South Shore are invited to the Movie Night, so we're having a meet and greet session at6:00 p.m. before the movie--pizza will be served. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to rsvp if you will be attending so we can make sure we have enough pizza. Please feel free to invite non-MTA members to the Movie Night (a flyer is attached that you may print out and/or email to friends and family).
2. We will be having a meeting with our South Shore legislators on Wednesday, November 29th at 4 pm at Marshfield High School. We will be reviewing and discussing the Senate 308 bill which is the all-inclusive bill covering the MTA agenda. It is important that we pack the room with MTA members so that our legislators hear from us and realize how important it is that they support this bill.
From the MTA website, this is a summary of what the bill stands for:
- This bill helps students in all public schools in Massachusetts.
- This bill implements the recommendations of the Foundation Budget Review Commission.
- This bill requires Massachusetts to rethink its high-stakes testing regime.
- This bill promotes child development.
- This bill promotes community support and involvement in school improvement efforts.
- This bill promotes workplace fairness.
I hope to see you at one or both of the events!